Thursday, July 14, 2005

Introduction

For those of you who just tuned in, I'm Robin called Linus. I'm actually known by many names... The Black Pope, His Sinfulness, the Dark Pontiff, Darth Furious, or the "old guy who lives at the end of the hall."

I'm in the final semester of a BS in Religion, then I'll be going on to a PhD program. Don't let the names or the field of study fool you - I'm no believer. In fact, I'm about as skeptical as possible where religion is concerned. The way I see it, that makes me the best possible candidate for the rational study of religion, that least rational of all topics. I'm writing a paper on the conversion experiences of American Bahá'ís in Wyoming. Seriously, it's dead fascinating...

I moved into Flock Hall because I wanted a few things:
1) Cheaper rent
2) Lower utility bills
3) Bathtub
We've got all of those things - my rent is half what it used to be, utilities are split five ways, and the bathtub is great. Living with four friends, however, is a hilarious fringe benefit.

Sometimes, I'm the dad.
("Don't use THAT tape for wiring - you'll burn the fucking house down!")

Sometimes, I'm the oldest kid.
(I put the shirt in the freezer, but it was Mark's idea to soak it in water first...)

Sometimes, I'm the instigator.
("Did you kiss her yet? Go on Britt, she wants you to kiss her!")

I plan to use this blog to record all of my many roles in Flock Hall. Someday, years from now, when my students are bitching about how crazy I am, one of them will unearth this record and say, "Yup, he was a jackass back THEN too!"

1 Comments:

Blogger sivartkram said...

Yay! Linus, g-dog.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home