Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

Finally the 6th roomate has emerged from the closet at the top of the stairs. I do apologizse it has taken me so long to introduce myself. I am Brittany, Squid, The Little Sister, The Punk, the reason why we can't have nice things. Let me explain that last one there, you see, I am just a little spastic at times, ok my other roomates would say a lot and all of the time but oh well, I digress as well. I am not exactly sure how this line came about, but the story I most remember is when we were helping Mark and Tessa move into our new ghetto-fabulous home, we were helping them clean their old apartment. I was spazing out because clean supplies inhaled all day tend to do that to a person, and I had leaned up against the wall, mistakenly against the curtain and ended up pulling the entire curtain rod down ontop of me. The room went quite and Linus looked at me straight faced and said "See, Brittany this is the reason why we can't have nice things." Then there is "Did you forget your helmet again Brittany?" but alas that is a story for another time.

This summer had been one of my best, with moving in with some great friends and finding new ones, learning to fly kites with Linus, taking a trip to a dance club with Mark and Ben. We have even hosted two of our own house parties, but have consequently been yelled at for them. At the turning of midnight tonight however brings about a new time not only to our little abode, but to the entire town as it starts to look to academia, which brings late night study sessions, only weekend parties, and an absence in my heart. See I am the only one of Flock Hall that will not be attending school this fall this saddens me a little because I would much rather be buying books, finding my classes, and soaking my head into something new and exiciting. Instead I have taken it upon myself to go into the real world and get a real job. Yes I can proudly say that I am part of the white collar, 40 hours a week, 8am-5pm world. So as Linus said we we'll see how our schedules come together this fall, and how morning bathroom time turns out to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandyfish said...

Take Luck Squidlette! You'll do just fine in the working world...just don't staple your tie to the desk.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Squid said...

What if I stapled my thumb and my to the desk? Then they would have to give me some sort of dispensation right?

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home